The Maslow needs hierarchy - supplemented here - also shows the limits of growth. First, self-realization is restricted, which is the ultimate need in the hierarchy:
1. Total supervision allows a maximum of self-realization without harming others. At the same time, it sets clear limits to self-realization.
The boundaries are becoming ever narrower.
2. Bureaucracy regulates smooth coexistence.
Trust, appreciation, success, self-confidence and personal freedom are less necessary.
3. Information technology conveys all sensory perceptions. It replaces social needs such as affection, communication, friendship, family.
Emotional bonds and dependencies, which are often very intense, loosen.
4. Basic security for everyone fulfils all security needs (physical, mental and material security, work, home, family, medical care).
A carefree and irresponsible life is possible.
5. Exhausted resources narrow down basic needs more and more (breathing air, water, food, sleep, reproduction, privacy)
a) Raw materials for the production of life-supporting aids such as tools, communication equipment, means of transport
b) Raw materials for the production of life-supporting aids such as medicines, body protection products, heat,
c) Drinking water, food and climatic conditions
d) Energy - if sufficient energy is available, many limits can be pushed further back.
e) psychological health, immunity to epidemics, fertility.
People get used to it.